Osceola County is very aggressive in offering state and local incentives to business prospects. Osceola County utilizes an approach that takes the time to discuss the business prospects needs and then tailor makes its incentives to fit those needs in order to maximize their impact and usefulness. All assistance is prepared based on expected investment in a project; number of jobs created and expected annual payroll and all assistance is subject to approval by governing bodies representing these programs.
Among the more commonly utilized incentives are the following:
- tax increment financing- especially ancilliary infrastructure
- aggressive grant and loan financing requests made on behalf of the prospect to state and federal grant and loan programs
- tax abatement on construction investments
- low interest loans from local revolving loan funds
- local development districts- units of local government working together to make successful projects